- Acupuncture Foundation Professional Association Professional register of Acupuncturists and practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Ireland.
- Acupuncture Foundation Website of the Irish Institute of Chinese Medicine
- www.acupuncture.com Website with acupuncture information and news
- www.meridianpress.net Website on TCM food energetics
- World Health Organization Link to section of WHO website listing research results for conditions treatable by Acupuncture that have been tested in controlled clinical trials.
- Acupuncture of benefit for chronic pain A recent international research collaboration, involving the University of Southampton, has shown that acupuncture is an effective treatment for chronic pain in patients with chronic back and neck pain, osteoarthritis, shoulder pain, and chronic headache.
- Read more on the university website
The Acupuncture Research Resource Centre (ARRC) who are based in London have a number of briefing papers which cover research on acupuncture’s effectiveness for a variety of conditions.
- The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) who are US based have also compiled a list of research documents
- NICE (National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence) who provide medical guidance to the NHS recommend (p11, 1.6.1) acupuncture to GP’s as one of the treatments for persistent lower back pain: “Consider offering a course of acupuncture needling comprising up to a maximum of 10 sessions over a period of up to 12 weeks”.